Monday, November 2, 2009

We're Back!!

Guess who's back? Back again..... After taking a short break to take care of some business I'm very happy to announce that the blog dedicated to getting you through your work day, school day, or your Monday, is back. I probably will be changing things up ever so slightly from the previous format. Instead of posting things under a Sports headline, or Entertainment, I am just going to find the best links that I can and get them all in one location for you.

As an added wrinkle for 8 Hours to Kill 2.0, I invite all of you to follow us on Twitter. Just click here to go to the Twitter page and make sure you follow us for all of our latest updates. I'm thinking that I will still do a morning post (tentitively scheduled to go online around 10 MST each morning), and will throw different links out on Twitter that are sent in throughout the day, or that I stumble across online. If you see a link you want posted please e-mail it in or send us a message on our Twitter page.

Enough of the business, let's get to today's Morning Brew:

-Worried about getting the H1N1 Virus? Well according to Kellogg's your morning bowl of Cocoa Krispies might just save your life. The FDA is still investigating whether or not Kellogg's is violating any laws with "false advertising".

-Anyone who knows me, knows how passionate I am about remembering 9/11. So it was a no-brainer for me to link to this article that is talking about the U.S.S. New York returning "home". The ship was made with 7.5 tons of steel that was taken from Ground Zero, will be officially commissioned on Saturday. Very cool.

-Need goosebumps? The crew of the U.S.S. New York recalls where they were when they found out about the 9/11 attacks.

-This article nearly had me spitting coffee on my table while reading the USA Today this morning. A 78-year old man describes how new technologies are killing communication. A must read!

-In case you were ignoring your television this weekend, Brett Favre returned to Green Bay this weekend. The Green Bay Press Gazette has an entire section on their website dedicated to just this weekends Packers/Vikings game. Think they care much about local football? As of posting this the game story on there website has a mere 1,328 comments on it.

-The Yankees have taken a commanding 3 games to 1 lead over the Phillies in the World Series. During Saturday's Game 3, Alex Rodriguez hit a ball off of a camera lens in right field. Originally called a double by umpires, A-Rod was awarded a home run after the umpires used instant replay to review the play. This was the firs time in World Series history that instant replay has been used to over turn a call on the field.

-The bigger story about the overturned home run, is why haven't I seen a replay of from the camera that was hit by the ball? I mean Fox can show us 438 different angles of Charlie Manuel, and Joe Girardi, but I can't see a replay of a home run coming into my living room? C'mon Joe Buck make this happen!

1 comment: