Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Morning Brew for 11/10

Considering that I e-mailed yesterday's "post" from the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace, and today I am sitting at my desk typing while staring at my clock and hoping it says 5:00, you can probably guess how excited I am to be back at work. Anyway, here's the brew...

-With Veteran's Day coming up tomorrow, I found an outstanding article in the USA Today about a group of senior citizens who greet our troops at the Bangor International Airport. The Maine airport is one that is mainly used for troops that are going and coming to and from Iraq and Afghanistan. Totally worth your time to read this one.

-Not sure if you had a chance to see this clip from the BYU/New Mexico Woman's Soccer game from over the weekend. Oh. My. Goodness. You know if I am linking a video from a woman's soccer game, that it must be good. I'm sure this is exactly what the NCAA had in mind with it's code of conduct.

-John Allen Muhammad, the mastermind behind the sniper attacks in Washington D.C. in 2002, executed tonight in Virginia. Governor Tim Kaine denied Muhammad's request for clemency which has cleared the way for tonight's execution. The other person involved in the attacks, Lee Boyd Malvo, is currently serving a life sentence with no chance of parole.

-The NBA's all time leading scorer, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is receiving treatment for a rare form of leukemia. The six-time NBA Most Valuable Player was diagnosed with the condition nearly a year ago, but has decided to make his battle public in the hopes of helping others. You can learn more about Abdul-Jabbar's disease by visiting CMLEarth.com.

-Every male aged 22-27 needs to know that Kelly Kapowski is pregnant. While reports state that Tiffani Thiessen's husband, Brady Smith, is the father, we are still awaiting test results that Zack Morris is not somehow involved.

-The Greatest Band of All-Time has a new album out today. Could someone please explain to me how Bon Jovi is not all ready in the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame? While This Magic Moment is a great song, I somehow feel that the boys from New Jersey deserve the induction a little more than The Drifters did in 1988.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Kelly Kapowski is pregnant. I'm kind of surprised she didn't have a kid at Bayside, but it's still disappointing.

    Also, LOVE the frat idea with the new AK law. The only question I have: do they even go to college up there? I mean, is it even possible?

    ReplyDelete