Monday, November 16, 2009

Morning Brew for 11/16

I'm too cold to think of an interesting introduction today. It was 28 degrees on my way to work this morning. So glad I still live in Utah...

-As I mentioned in Friday's Morning Brew I really enjoy the News From Every State section in the USA Today. This morning there was a dandy from the state of Washington. A man from Everett decided to shoplift a $6 mechanical pencil. Upon his arrest it was discovered that he had over $600 in his wallet. Maybe he didn't want to break a $100? Here is a picture of the man after his arrest.

-Just when you thought you couldn't get enough Britney Spears in your life, her new application (app) for the iPhone, and iPod Touch was released today. I wonder if there is an app that will slap someone in the face for paying $1.99 for the "It's Britney" app. An App Slap! That's what we'll call it!

-Fox News has given us a slide show of the 9 Worst Nude scenes of all time. Don't worry, this slide show does not contain any nudity and is perfectly safe for viewing at work. In fact, it may be encouraged.

-Oh Elizabeth Lambert. You're disregard for all things sportsmanship has led to an awesome dating service video. I don't know what guy wouldn't want to go out with you. What a catch!

-With all of the negative stories you read about NFL players, sometimes stories like this one tend to get overlooked. Browns WR/KR, Josh Cribbs, went out of his way to make sure a high school senior would never forget his final football game.

-Sunday Morning Movie Madness made it's triumphant return to my life yesterday, the wife and I saw Pirate Radio. I really enjoyed the show. I thought Phillip Seymour Hoffman was outstanding. The movie had great music throughout. Also it had a different title in the USA as compared to everywhere else. If you are planning on seeing this film in London, look for "The Boat That Rocked". You're welcome England.

No comments:

Post a Comment