Monday, December 7, 2009

Morning Brew for 12/7

Before I get on with today's Brew, I have to talk about Jersey Shore. What a fantastic entertainment program. I really don't even know where to start. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who has it on a DVR and hasn't caught it yet, but the fact that nobody in the house calls "Snooki" by her actual nickname and instead settles on "Snickers", and "Snookams" cracked me up. Mike, aka "The Situation" is slowly becoming one of my favorite TV characters of all time. If this guy lived any where else but Staten Island, he seems like he would be a normal dude. But because he wants to be a "guido" he now is selling woman's underwear that say "I love The Situation". Oh, and Pauly D, has a tanning bed in his house. Need I say more? Do yourself a favor and watch the show. DVR it, it will only take you 90 minutes to watch the 2 hour premier and it is certainly worth your time.

Ok, now on with the Brew...

-USA Today ran a great feature on new Nike CEO Mark Parker. As a shoe fanatic I found this article fascinating on so many levels. Parker began his career at Nike as a shoe designer and has worked his way to the top. This is a man who has some big ideas moving forward for the athletic apparel leader.

-In an effort to keep my wife happy, I will also link to this story which features 5 questions with Etsy CEO, Maria Thomas. Etsy is an online marketplace that allows people to sell their homemade goods. I would expand on it, but I have no clue what else it does.

-Moneyball, the book that chronicled Billy Beane's ideas of crafting a baseball team with castoffs from other teams, is being made into a movie. Variety is reporting that Brad Pitt will star as Beane in the Bennett Miller movie. No word yet on a release date.

-Another former WWE wrestler is dead before the age of 40. Edward Fatu, 36, died Friday of a heart attack in Houston. Better known as "Umaga", Fatu joins a list of professional wrestlers who have tragically died before the age of 40. While there are house hearings taking place for the BCS, and for steroid abuse in MLB, when will someone step up and figure out how to stop these pro-wrestler's from dying before having a mid-life crisis? Such a sad story.

No comments:

Post a Comment