Friday, December 11, 2009

Morning Brew for 12/11

Good news, I woke up this morning and it was exactly 0 degrees. Which means that it's time for a new post! I can't believe how cold it has been in Utah this week. You know it's bad that you are excited that it is 14 degrees on your way to the office.

Before we get started just wanted to wish a Happy Hanukkah to everyone who is lighting their first candle tonight.

-I don't know how many of you use Amazon's Kindle, but it really is a first class device. The USA Today ran an article today comparing all of the e-reader devices out there. Pretty interesting stuff, and definitely a must read if you are planning on picking one up for the holiday season.

-Oh, Jersey Shore! While I haven't had a chance to catch last night's all new episode (a full recap will come on Monday), that doesn't mean there is a lack of coverage today. Apparently the Jersey Shore Visitors and Convention Bureau, are not thrilled with how the city is being projected. I'm shocked! I mean, why wouldn't you want to be projected as the Guido capital of the United States? You obviously have some fantastic bars, and t-shirt stores, why wouldn't someone want to travel there? I know I do, I need to get my fist pumping on!

-Planning on grabbing a Frosty from Wendy's on your next trip through Tokyo? Not so fast my friends! The company announced today that it is removing it's 71 restaurants from Japan by as early as the end of the month. No specifics are given in the article, but I'm sure McDonald's long standing tradition in Japan played a large role in the company's decision.

-The man who is accused of making secret video tapes of ESPN's Erin Andrews, is set to plead guilty to interstate stalking charges. Michael Barrett is accused of altering the peep hole in 3 different hotels that Andrews was staying in and secretly taping her in the nude while she was in the "privacy" of her hotel room. He could face up to 5 years in prison and a fine of $250,000.

-The Tiger Woods saga continues to get weirder by the second. ESPN's Bill Simmons, is calling it the story of the decade. I mean can anyone really argue that?

-

No comments:

Post a Comment